Friday, January 21, 2011

Catfish - Freewriting #3

Catfish was a very good movie. I find it so shocking that all of that is 100% true and unscripted. I can't believe one person could manage to do all of that and manipulate someone. Angela still lied to Nev when she was confronted about the people in the pictures. She said there really was a girl named Megan at Dawn Farms but there really wasn't. The girl in the pictures was said to be a family friend, but really she was a professional model and photographer that lives in Washington. I feel really bad for Nev that he had to be put through 9 months and over 1,500 messages of lies. But in the end, I think that both Nev and Angela got some positive things out of this. Angela is now known and people can buy her paintings and Nev is going to get a good leg in the movie business because he got top awards on his documentary.
Overall I thought this was an interesting movie. The way they filmed it was cool. I am very glad that we watched this in class because otherwise I would have probably never heard of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment